Water damage can cause major issues in a home. Water damage can happen to anyone, due to a variety of reasons. The most frequent causes of water damage are:
– Water leaks. Of course the most common reason for restoration of water damage is the burst of a pipe. Other causes include water damage from the weather or a leaky roof. Damage caused by ruptured pipes will typically be the most expensive since it requires access to the attic. This typically means taking down the roof or ceiling.
– Drying. This is a less common cause of restoration costs for water damage however it’s still important to mention. Standing foot baths that are water-based (or showers) are those in which there is no water flowing out of the shower head. If the walls and floor get wet, they can dry out quickly due to the fact that they are so damp. Mold can grow if the water evaporates too quickly.
– Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The cost of restoration for water damage will differ based on the extent of the damage. For minor damages, such as a broken pipe the cost will usually be less than one fourth of the estimated cost of hiring a restoration service. Damage that is significant enough to require a structure to be shut down for several days and is insured will typically cost more than half the average cost of repairs to water damage.
– Carpets drying out. It is likely that your carpets require replacement if there has been extensive water damage. This will increase the cost of your repair job as you will need to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely rare for a pipe that is leaking to be caused by restoration of water damage services. Most water damage incidents result from inadequate maintenance. Water damage can result from a clogged sink, toilet, or drainage system, even in the event of an emergency. In this scenario the cost of the repair would be around two-thirds of the amount it would cost to replace carpeting.
– Drying Drying Wet Carpeting. Carpeting needs to be dried quickly if it is saturated with water. This can increase the cost of restoration for water damage per square foot. If you have to clean up a flooded basement drying time could be faster since the lower levels are typically dry. However, even if your basement is completely dry, there could be water damage under the carpeting due to the expansion and contraction that happens when water dries. To determine how much drying will cost per square foot, calculate the total area of the room divided by the number of square feet, and then multiply that number by the average water damage restoration cost per square foot. Learn more about how to remove Cladosporium mold? now.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes water damage restoration companies are called in on extremely wet days. The spillage should be cleaned up as soon as it happens. The spillage area must be cleaned up and disinfected quickly. You’ll need hire a plumber to clean up the mess and dry the area. It may be necessary for spills that are larger to be cleaned out of wallpapers or carpets. Once the area is dry, the water damage restoration contractor will have to dry it out. This is more expensive than hiring professionals in restoration of water damage.